These Thomason drawings can be found in his book, "...and a Few Marines". There are still used copies available via Amazon.
- Who We Are
- Toys for Tots
- Birthday Ball
- Unit News
- Combat Art - Natiional Museum of the Marine Corps
- Combat Art - Continental Marines
- Combat Art - Marines -1778 through 1917
- Combat Art - WW I
- Combat Art - China Marines
- Combat Art - Inter-War Period Marines
- Combat Art - WW II
- Combat Art - Korea
- Combat Art - Vietnam
- Combat Art - The Second Inter-War Period
- Combat Art - Iraq and Afghanistan
Col. John W. Thomason Jr.'s China Marines
Col. Thomason led the Horse Marines at the Legation in Peking, commanded the 38th Company in China. He used this experience to write stories for publication by Schribners about the China Marines and illustrate them, The best of these are found in the book, "...and a Few Marines"
The pen and ink drawings are Thomason's. But there are other combat artists who were at work during that time and their art is also shown here.